The Greatest Halloween Costume Contest Ever! Rules
Oct 05, 2016
The Greatest Halloween Costume Contest Ever! Official Rules
2 Grand Prize Winners:
Two Grand Prize Winners will be randomly selected from all contest entries to win a $500 Shopping Spree at a Halloween ComicFest participating comic shop. There is one Adult (14 years old and up) and one Kid (13 years old and under) Grand Prize Winner.
10 Costume Category Random Winners:
A contestant will be randomly selected in each costume category to win a $100 Shopping Spree at a Halloween ComicFest participating comic shop. There is one Adult (14 years old and up) and one Kid (13 years old and under) random winner in each costume category for a total of 10 winners.
10 Costume Category Vote Winners:
The contestant receiving the most votes in each costume category (Superhero/Comics, TV/Movie, Gamer, Horror, Original) receives their costume category's Prize Pack from our great Halloween ComicFest Sponsors. There is one Adult (14 years old and up) and one Kid (13 years old and under) Category Winner in each costume category for a total of 10 winners.
Halloween ComicFest The Greatest Halloween Costume Contest Ever! Official Rules
By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND UPON TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED.
THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW AND IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (D.C.) AND CANADA WHO ARE THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN HIS/HER STATE/PROVINCE/TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE.
WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE RELEASES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. SPONSOR: The sponsor of the Contest is Halloween ComicFest and its affiliated company, Diamond Comic Distributors (the “Sponsor”) with offices at 10150 York Road, Suite 300, Hunt Valley, MD 21030.
2. PRIZES: The prize of the Contest consists of the following: 2 Grand Prize Winners will receive a $500 Shopping Spree (ARV $1000) at a Halloween ComicFest participating comic shop. 10 Scary Costume Category Random Winners will receive a $100 Shopping Spree (ARV $1000) at a Halloween ComicFest participating comic shop. 10 Scary Costume Category Vote Winners will receive their costume category’s Prize Pack which are as follows: Adult Superhero/Comics Prize Pack (ARV $927.41), Adult TV/Movie Prize Pack (ARV $964.49), Adult Gamer Prize Pack (ARV $942.45), Adult Horror Prize Pack (ARV $979.39), Adult Original Prize Pack (ARV $1008.45). Kids Superhero/Comics Prize Pack (ARV $560.74), Kids TV/Movie Prize Pack (ARV $586.76), Kids Gamer Prize Pack (ARV $551.77), Kids Horror Prize Pack (ARV $636.62), Kids Original Prize Pack (ARV $589.72). (See contents of Prize Packs here.) Diamond Comics Distributors is the “Prize Provider” for this contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There is one (1) way to enter the Contest during the Entry Period: (1) Online Entry: Go to the HalloweenComicFest.com web site (“Web Site”). The Web Site will contain a description of the Contest and the official contest entry form. Complete the entry form and the Entrant must fill in all the required information for the entry to be eligible. Entrant must be visibly holding one of the 30 official 2017 Halloween ComicFest full-size or mini-comics in their submitted photo. Entrant is allowed only one contest entry in one of the 5 costume categories. With regard to online entries, in the event of a dispute about the identity of an entrant, each entry will be declared made by the registered account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry, as long as that person meets all other eligibility requirements in these "Official Rules". The registered account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned the submitted e-mail address by the relevant Internet service provider, online access provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. With respect to any winning entry, the winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the person is the registered account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. No third party entry or entry through a sweepstakes service is permitted. Only eligible entries actually received in compliance with the Promotion Period, will be included in the drawing for prizes. For purposes of these Official Rules, "receipt" of an online entry occurs when Sponsor’s servers record the entry information upon entrant’s clicking on the “Submit” button or when the Sponsor receives the entrant’s entry form at the address above. Any automated computer receipt (such as a "thank you" message or one confirming delivery of entry) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor of an entry for purposes of these Official Rules. No automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual using such a method. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Promotion. The Web Site's database clock will be the official time keeper for this Promotion. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
4. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada who have reached the legal age of majority in their respective state/province/territory of residence as of October 1, 2017. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) persons who from and after April 30, 2017 were or are employees or agents of Sponsor or its affiliates, parent, subsidiaries, or the service agencies or independent contractors of the above organization(s); (b) persons who are engaged in the development, production, distribution of materials, provision of prizes, or drawing of winners for this Contest; and (c) persons who are immediate family of or who reside in the same household as any person in either of the preceding categories.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION; REQUIRED RELEASES: The winners will be selected and notified on or about November 8, 2017 and publicly announced November 10, 2017. The winner will be notified by mail, e-mail or telephone. In the event that Sponsor cannot reach the winner within three (3) days after it attempts to notify the winner, Sponsor will select a new winner according to these Official Rules. Additionally, if the winner is ineligible, it will be deemed as if the winner has rejected the prize, and Sponsor will select a new winner.
To claim the Prize, the winner must: (a) confirm receipt of the notice by return email or telephone call; and may be required to complete, sign and return a Winner Affidavit & Release form (to be provided by Sponsor)
6. ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins on October 4, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) as submissions can be sent. The contest ends November 6, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Entry Period”). All entries must be received online by 11:59 p.m ET on November 6th, 2017. Limit one (1) entry per person.
7. VOTING PERIOD: Voting begins on November 1, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends November 6, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Voting Period”). All voting must be received online by 11:59 p.m. ET on November 6th, 2016. Limit one (1) vote per entry per day.
8. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. At its sole discretion, Sponsor may disqualify any person whom it considers to have intentionally violated the Official Rules or any element of the Contest. By participating, entrants agree: (a) to be bound by the Contest Official Rules and the decisions of the person or persons who select the winners, and (b) to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability with respect to acceptance, possession or use (or misuse) of the prizes or participation in the Contest.
9. USE OF NAME, LIKENESS, ETC.: By entering the Contest, you hereby acknowledge and agree that Sponsor and Prize Provider (each a “Sponsor Entity(ies)”) shall have the unlimited right in perpetuity and throughout the world to use and publish your name, voice, city, state, likeness, photograph, video, biographical and prize information, and other elements of your persona and identity, in all media now known or hereafter developed, for all purposes of this Contest, as well as for all general marketing, advertising, promotional, commercial tie-in, merchandising, and other business purposes of Sponsor Entities, all without notice or compensation to you.
10. ENTRANT RELEASE: By entering this Contest, you forever release, indemnify, discharge, and agree to hold harmless, all Released Parties from any and all claims, causes of action, liabilities and damages: (a) for personal injuries, death, loss of or damage to personal property, and/or other harm or loss of any nature whatsoever sustained by anyone or anything in connection with your participation in the Contest;(b) for libel, defamation, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity, infringement of copyright, or violation of any other personal or property right ; and/or (c) from any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Contest activity and/or prize. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, entrants agree that Released Parties have neither made nor will be in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Sweepstakes and/or with respect to prizes, including, without limitation, to any prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
11. TAXES: Taxes (federal, state, and local) are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold and deduct such taxes and charges from the prize if and to the extent required by law.
12. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the prize-winner, available after November 13, 2017, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “Halloween ComicFest/The Greatest Halloween Costume Contest Ever!” c/o Diamond Comic Distributors, 10150 York Road, Suite 300, Hunt Valley, MD 21030.
13. COPY OF THE RULES: To obtain a copy of the rules, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “Halloween ComicFest/The Greatest Halloween Costume Contest Ever!” c/o Diamond Comic Distributors, 10150 York Road, Suite 300, Hunt Valley, MD 21030. Vermont residents may omit return postage with Official Rules requests.
14. APPLICABLE LAW: These Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of Maryland without giving effect to conflicts of law rules.